Earlier this year, I recommitted to blogging but then I abruptly stopped. Why? Because I read this snarky article in The Onion. It made me feel that my own blogging efforts were silly, mundane, uninteresting, and, yes, smug.
However, enough people have told me that they miss my blog, they read it, and think it's -- while not important per se -- at least worth reading occasionally. Putting one's thoughts and feelings out to the blogosphere is a precarious act. You set yourself up for all kinds of snark, even indirect snark directed at people "like you."
But I decided: Who cares? I want to write. I need to write. So stop reading if you don't like it. And just for good measure, take this cute photo too, suckers.
Two kids, two lifetimes, a world apart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Well, it's 3:00 am again and here I am, awake. It happens most nights these days. I've always been a bit of an insomniac. Things I...
-
I was proud of myself the other day. I figured out how to post a video on Facebook. It's one of those annoyingly cute videos that people...
-
I gave birth to my first child, Jade, when I was 21. I had dropped out of college and, at the time I became pregnant, Jade's father and ...
-
One unexpected issue with having two children nearly a quarter-century apart is that I can't just be one mom to both of them. I have to...
-
Cheri Brooks — Two Tickets
-
I have mixed feelings about blogs. I read them, but, deep down, I have always found bloggers to be either pathetic or arrogant. You're ...
-
Something happens to women once they have a baby. We seem to become boring, self-centered, and neurotic. I tried to guard against this in ...
-
One of the most annoying things about being pregnant is the inexplicable erasure of certain boundaries. I worked in the courts while pregnan...
-
Today is Martin Luther King Day, and I'm back to blogging. My writing impulse has been subverted during the past year by writing worksho...
-
There's a new book out that gives introverts some measure of satisfaction. Susan Cain has just published, Quiet: The Power of Introvert...


No comments:
Post a Comment