Pages

Two kids, two lifetimes, a world apart

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peeling the Onion

Earlier this year, I recommitted to blogging but then I abruptly stopped. Why? Because I read this snarky article in The Onion. It made me feel that my own blogging efforts were silly, mundane, uninteresting, and, yes, smug. 

However, enough people have told me that they miss my blog, they read it, and think it's -- while not important per se -- at least worth reading occasionally. Putting one's thoughts and feelings out to the blogosphere is a precarious act. You set yourself up for all kinds of snark, even indirect snark directed at people "like you."  

But I decided: Who cares? I want to write. I need to write. So stop reading if you don't like it. And just for good measure, take this cute photo too, suckers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts